Monday, February 2, 2009

Whirlwind days!

I know you've all been anxious to start reading what I've been up to so I finally made time this morning to sit down and do a little update!

Well, I finally made it to my beloved islands! Safe and sound. I stayed the first couple nights with my roommate's parents over in Kaneohe. It was so generous of them to open their house up to me, a perfect stranger! They are both very kind people and even fed me an omelet one morning. That's when I learned ALL about the omelet maker. I must purchase one of these...

Thursday (1/29), is where all the fun begins! Malia, my new roomie (and the one that owns the condo), picked me up from the airport and we went to the Ala Moana mall to get a bite to eat before going over to the her parent's place. We ran another quick errand and then I lugged all my suitcases into the house and passed out. But only for a half hour because friends started calling and that's when all my crazy days started! Haha. I went to the movies on Thursday night with Robert and Joe. We saw Slumdog Millionare. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, actually but there were some slow parts in it. I recommend seeing it for sure, it's a well-done film.

Friday, I slept in a little and Malia dropped me off at the beach on her way to work. I was very grateful for that as I wasn't sure I could figure out the bus schedule in time. So Friday I spent the day in the sun at Ala Moana beach and went over to the mall to look around a little bit. I then decided that I should walk to Waikiki and look around over there! I was on some kind of walking spree, I tell ya! I don't know what got into me but I decided to just walk everywhere and check everything out. I really need to invest in a pedometer so I can see just how many miles I walk a day! After Malia got off work, we buzzed over to one of her friend's place so they could work on a salsa lesson they would be teaching at a private party. Her friend, Tully (spelling?) was so much fun! He has a little puppy named Sophie. Just about one of the cutest Mexian rats I've ever met. Haha, sorry, for those of you that don't know, I lovingly call Chihuahuas Mexican rats. In any case, after that was done, we drove back to her parents' place and I crashed for the night. WoooeeeI was tired.

Saturday we woke up early and she let me borrow her car for the day (in case you hadn't figured it out, yet, she rocks!) so I could move into the condo later that afternoon. We drove over to the condo together and she reminded me not to leave the keys in the car as the car locks itself. I tucked that away for future reference as we climbed the stairs to the condo. One of the previous tenants was still moving out so I just got to look at it for quick moment and then move in later. SO, Robert invited me to go for a morning ride with him and a couple of his biker friends. I agreed and asked Malia for directions to Mililani (about a 20-25 min. drive from my condo). I grabbed a piece of paper outta the car and she gave me directions to Mililani. Whoooops. Guess who suddenly realized the keys were in the car?? Yup, Ms. Braniac. Oh geez, way to start off the day. So she called her brother and he came and brought a spare key for me, which was very nice of him. Phew! So, off I go to Mililani for the morning ride.

The ride was absolutely beautiful! I got to meet a couple of the guys Robert works with and rode with Tim (been riding bikes for several years). We rode all around the island - took us about 3 hours total. I really enjoyed all the scenery and the pitstops and of course, the company! I had a blast. After the ride, I raced back to the condo to move all my crap in. I was so excited I did a happy dance in my empty room. The UFC fights were on later that night so I freshened up and drove back to Mililani to catch the BJP vs GSP fight. Oh, talk about domination! GSP won, of course. I mean, I love BJP but he was up against one of the greatest fighters around! After the fight, all the guys wanted to go downtown so I was given the DD roll. I was happy to oblige as I got to drive Joe's little Tiburon around. Not as fun as I thought it would be but, it's always fun to drive different cars. We ended up at Moose McGillycuddy's (a bar with a dance floor) downtown and stayed there for the rest of the night. It was fun to people watch and get to know the other guys a little bit better. I didn't end up getting home til SUPER late so I crashed...

Yesterday was my day of errands. I know, how silly seeing how the Superbowl was on! I left the house at noon and didn't get home til about 7. It was a FULL day or errands! I purchased sheets for my bed, a really pretty and fuzzy blanket to keep me warm (believe it or not, it does cool down a little bit at night and I keep my window open to feel that nice breeze!) and all the Walmart necessaties. My goodness there are a lot of people at that Wally World! After I got home, my other roomie, Lakeesha, and I walked down to Foodland so I could get some groceries. We had a great time, laughing almost the whole time! When we came back we did a mad kitchen cleaning spree to get rid of old things in the fridge and cupboards and then chatted for a little while before going to sleep.

And now that brings us up to today, Monday!!

I haven't done much, yet, cleaned a little more in the kitchen since all the cupboards and counters felt all grimy like. But the plan is to start searching for a job, go for a run and possibly hop down to the beach for a little while. I don't have much of a tan yet (if I even have any color) so I still look like a tourist.

Hope all is well back on the mainland, I will try to keep this a little more updated than I am now!

Alohaz-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment