Friday, February 13, 2009

Time flies!

Wow, it's been a little while since my last update! Time really does fly when you're having fun and constantly on-the-go! I don't have much time to do an update, just wanted to check in with everybody and give some highlights...I gotta get up early tomorrow for work!

So, recap since last entry:

-Was very lucky to attend the Pro Bowl for FREE! It was a very fun experience, but I'm still amazed that the nose-bleed section tickets would have cost $80! Wow. My friend won them at some contest so all we paid for was, well...nothing. Woohoo! Best football game EVER.

-Got hired without a true interview at Kapalama Pet Hospital in Honolulu. It's about a mile away from where I live, roughly about a 20 minute walk. Fortunately, it's all downhill in the morning, the time when I don't have enough energy or excitement to even attempt to walk uphill. I start at 7:30 everyday but Mon and Thurs (those are my days off). Crazy, we're open on Sat. and Sun but only for a VERY short amount of time. And Wed we close early, too. All the girls there are absolutely hilarious, I'm already enjoying their company. It's a very small clinic with only 2 doctors, the staff is small, which makes it nice to get to know everybody. It's been a fairly easy transition so far, but I still ask a lot of questions on where things go, how to complete charts, etc. 36 hours a week to start! May need another super-part-time job to help fill in blanks...we'll see.

-I decided I really need a bike, I'm tired of the bus already. Especially after getting caught in a torrential downpour because I lack a military ID. Yeah, yeah, I should have known, but I didn't so I got booted off the bus and told to walk to a bus stop. In the pouring rain. I looked like a drowned rat. Awesome. All that after I missed my stop due to some yahoo talkin my ear off on the bus...whom I politely talked to but was unfriendly to try to clue him into the fact that I was interested. But nonetheless, I got a good laugh out of the whole ordeal. :o)

-Keesha and I have been hanging out more and getting to know each other better - we're always amazed at how much we have in common. Truly, at this point, we should just figure we're like sisters from different misters. Haha. Anyway, I enjoy her company more and more and am glad that we're roomies. Makes planning outings super easy!

-Malia took Keesha and I out salsa dancing this past Tuesday! We had a lot of fun, oddly enough, I didn't salsa all night. I did the machetta (sp?) and the merengue (sp?) a couple times. Malia is such a sweetheart and I very much enjoy her company, as well! I'm so lucky to have 2 awesome roommates!

-Still busy working on my tan but as all you pasties back on the mainland know, it's a work in progress!!

Alright, gotta truck it to bed...hope all is well back in the PNW, sending love to you all!
K

P.S. I know some of you are waiting for pictures...promise, I will get them up ASAP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment